Tuesday, April 30, 2013

{healthy toddler muffins}

I'm a huge fan of homemade baby food. It's way cheaper than buying it and you know exactly what's in it. But my little man is growing up and eating more chunky food. I really like grab-n-go food. Awhile ago I pinned a recipe for a healthy toddler muffin and finally today I decided to try it out. Here is that recipe. But I had a bunch of sweet potatoes to use up and didn't want to use butter so I decided to make up my own recipe. I think that it turned out really well. Andersen liked them and I really liked them too.

Healthy Toddler Muffins

1 large sweet potato (baked until soft)

4-5 ripe bananas
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup applesauce
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 Tbsp nutmeg
1 Tbsp ginger
1 Tbsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp baking soda
3 cups unbleached flour
1 cup oats
chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degree and grease a muffin tin. Mix sweet potato, bananas, carrots, sugar, eggs and vanilla in bowl with electric mixer. In another bowl mix together spices, soda, flour and oats. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips if you want. Fill muffin cups half way and bake for 10 minutes. Makes 4 dozen muffins.





I had a sweet heart shaped muffin tin so I made them in that. A little extra love for my little man : )

No comments:

Post a Comment