Friday, April 24, 2015

{protein packed peanut butter and banana muffins}


I woke up this morning at 6:30 AM wide awake. Bleh. So I figured since I was up before everyone I'd actually try and be a domestic goddess and make breakfast for my boys. 

Typically when I have the desire to bake in the morning the process goes like this:


Somewhere in between "Why is this so difficult?" and "Forget this!" I decided to make my own freaking recipe and here it is:


They turned out delicious much to my surprise. Anders even ate 2 whole muffins. The protein powder we love is Vega Plant Based Proteins & Greens. Garett is slightly whey-intolerant so the plant stuff works great for us. It's non-GMO, gluten free and has no sugar added. You can get it at Costco and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

***You can easily leave out the protein powder when you make it if you don't have any. I just decided to add it last minute to add more protein punch!


I had to hide them from Garett because every time I've seen him this morning he's had one in his mouth. I made 30 muffins and we are already (3 hours later) down to 20. Good gravy. I'm excited to use them as pre-workout snacks. One muffin is perfectly filling for a snack on the way to the gym....if they last that long.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment